Friday, September 22, 2023

Look and Listen (1 minute Video)

 




“We have now become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art, as a teaching machine designed to maximize perception and to make every day learning a process of discovery,” (pg 68, MuLunan). 


I love this quote, as it embodies why I chose my major and the way I look at the world as an art form. I find many things that people may seem strange, simply amazing. For example, performance art. People express their interest in many ways, but that doesn’t make what they are doing not art. As in my video, fashion is just another form of art for me. Instead of using what is typically a sound or song that is playing over a video (as you would see on social media platforms), I use my voice as a melody. 


I believe that using speech could push art to so many levels. Not only do we hear it in music, but in the beautiful slang of language. Listening to our voices, you clarify who they are, where they are from, and the meaning behind their tone.


“ At the high speeds of electric communication, purely visual means of apprehending the world are no longer possible; they are just too slow to be relevant or effective,” (pg 63, McLuhan).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"FOCUS"- Final Project

                                                                                               "Professionalism is environmental. Amate...