Sunday, October 29, 2023

Soundscape Media


                                                        

                                                                

                                                        Soundscape Media



"What can't be coded can be decoded if an ear aye seize what no eye ere grieved for," (McLuhan, pg 120).

    This quote stood out to me because of the ideology of ears being a useful tool that people don't often take into consideration. I learned in my Intro to Film class how important sound can be within cinematography to carry emotions and intellect. 

    My goal for my project was to play with effects with sound to push a certain narrative. I used my fan and played with the three settings for a build-up effect. I also added other special effects like me speaking into the mic as well as me walking around a room. I also added some room noises so it could sound like it was happening while I was talking about my dream.

 One thing that I like to do is record myself talking about a crazy dream that I might have had and that I can still remember. I would often go back and listen to them to see if they meant anything to my current life. I added my first dream recording as a voiceover in my soundscape project and played with some special effects.


                                                            I hope you all enjoy it!


                                                                       SoundCloud 

https://soundcloud.com/dejah-phillips-653405142/soundscape-new-media-1?si=bfaec0d1c1f64f20bf046a7f41678d57&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing


1 comment:

"FOCUS"- Final Project

                                                                                               "Professionalism is environmental. Amate...